Trainee learning responsibilities
When learning online, it is important trainees establish their own effective online learning techniques.
The following hints may help:
- Ensure you have sufficient free time (including release time from your employer of around 10 hours per week, if working full time) to do course work
- Take advantage of all the learning resources on offer
- Plan your time in advance – use the online calendar and other study guide aids provided in some seminars
- Complete coursework on time or ahead of the deadline and submit this regularly for feedback – not in a rush at the end of the week in a way that prevents your instructor providing valuable feedback on one task before proceeding to the next
- Do not wait until the deadline to submit work, in case you do have a problem (technical or otherwise)
- Check Announcements regularly
- Contact support personnel promptly if experiencing a site-access issue
- Stay in touch with your instructor and supportive co-trainees
- Take pride in the appearance of the work you submit
- Make adaptations to your preferred learning style where necessary to suit the learning environment.
- Ensure study time is quality time, e.g.
- Take study leave from work in the mornings, not at the end of the day, if you are at your best in the morning.
- Set up your place for study to be free of distractions for the necessary time
Equip yourself with the best Internet connection and computer resources you can afford