Recognition of Prior Learning
In certain circumstances, it is appropriate for the Institute of Professional Legal Studies (IPLS) to recognise and subsequently exempt a trainee from enrolment in a particular part of the course as a result of previously successfully completing certain seminars at an earlier date.
This is an IPLS-wide policy. It covers requests for RPL from trainees who failed to complete the course for one or more of the following reasons:
- Abandonment of course due to personal reasons.
Subject to the NZCLE Regulations, there can be no RPL for trainees who failed to complete the course for the following reasons:
- Three Not Yet Competent (NYC) grades due to:
- Competency level not achieved
- Non-participation – NZCLE Regulation 4 breached
- Misconduct (copying work) – NZCLE Regulation 5 breached
- Divulged or received assessment information – NZCLE Regulation 6 breached
Click Here to complete the RPL Application form.