Student loans and allowances
Contact StudyLink on 0800 88 99 00 or log onto www.studylink.govt.nz to pay your course fee by student loan or to apply for a student allowance. On the application form, please enter the following:
- Enter ‘yes’ in the Will you be studying full time field (applies to both IPLS course options).
- Enter Institute of Professional Legal Studies, [location] including the location of your study in the Provider/Campus field, ie Auckland, Hamilton, Wellington, Christchurch or Dunedin.
- Your student ID is your application number shown on the letter sent to you.
- Enter Extramural ‘yes’ if you are completing the 18-week course with IPLS.
- Enter Extramural ‘no’ if you are completing the 13-week course with IPLS.
- Enter ‘yes’ in the Do you need the student loan to pay the fees for this course field if you want your course fee paid by student loan. Entering ‘no’ in this field may delay the payment of your fees.
If the application form is filled in incorrectly the payment of your loan will be delayed and you may incur the late payment penalty.
Both IPLS courses qualify for Student Loans and Allowances. If you need Student Allowances, Loan for Living Costs or Loan for Course Related Costs, please choose an intake offered in your location with standard start and finish dates
StudyLink will pay your course fee directly into the Public Trust Fee Protect bank account.
Please contact us for more information or assistance with non-standard intake dates and eligibility for Student Allowances and Loan for Living Costs. To apply for student loans and allowances, contact StudyLink 0800 88 99 00 or visit www.studylink.govt.nz