Employers seeking Candidates
IPLS welcomes Situations Vacant advertisements from employers in Australia and New Zealand. You may email your vacancy details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ian Brookie, Barrister – Auckland CBD
Law Clerk/Junior Barrister position
(Posted 21 January 2019)
Ian Brookie is an experienced senior barrister seeking to add to his team. He specialises in criminal defence trial work, but also prosecutes for WorkSafe and the Commerce Commission. Ian also does appellate work and appears in the High Court, Court of Appeal and Supreme Court.
The role involves assisting with all aspects of his practice, including file management and review, dealing with clients and witnesses, legal research and writing, general administration and Court work. As part of Ian’s team, you will have the relatively rare opportunity to gain experience working on behalf of defendants (in criminal trials) but also on behalf of prosecutors (regulatory prosecutions).
Ian practises from Sentinel Chambers in Auckland CBD, one of the largest criminal chambers in New Zealand with eight independent barristers (and other junior barristers) practising from the same office.
You must have an interest in criminal law, and previous experience/exposure in the criminal sphere is preferred. An interest in health and safety and/or Fair Trading law will be an advantage.
The successful applicant with have attention to detail, the ability to work unsupervised and under pressure, a strong academic record and good interpersonal skills. This role may suit students in their final year of study or graduates attending (or contemplating) the professionals course.
Applicants seeking part-time work during 2019 will be considered.
Please submit CV, academic transcript and application letter to email@example.com.
Michael Kan Law – Auckland CBD
(Posted 10 January 2019)
- I specialise in criminal litigation.
- I deal with a wide variety of cases from minor offences to serious crimes.
- I am looking for potentially 2 full-time graduates. No experience is fine.
- You will be responsible for legal research, drafting written submissions, evidence analysis, taking instructions, preparation for either judge-alone trial and/or trial by jury and many more.
- Be a RELIABLE person AND understand litigation is NOT a 9am to 5pm job. Criminal litigation is intensive and demanding.
- Be prepared to take charge of the files and argue the cases under my supervision.
If interested, please send your resume to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
C & F Legal – Nelson
Newly Qualified Litigation Lawyer
(Posted 19 December 2018)
We are looking to fill a position for a recently qualified law graduate to join our very busy litigation team. Ideal applicants will be graduates who have completed the pre-requisites for admission and who are prepared to make a long term commitment to settling in one of the most attractive regions in New Zealand. This position will be very rewarding for an enthusiastic, ambitious, hardworking graduate who has the drive, enthusiasm and ability to achieve the best results for our clients and who is looking for a long term position with prospects of equity participation.
This practitioner will need a sound academic record, be well presented, and willing to work as part of a team.
- An interesting and varied range of work generated from a significant client base spread throughout New Zealand and overseas.
- Up-to-date IT and legal database facilities, in pleasant, spacious, modern offices.
- A team of hardworking lawyers and support professionals.
- A very competitive salary package on offer that will reflect ability, commitment and results.
- A progression programme for all our team that the successful applicant will have the opportunity to participate in.
If you have any questions, or would like to discuss the position, please do not hesitate to contact Rick Farr at our offices.
Applications, with CVs, including academic transcripts and references should be provided to:
C & F Legal Ltd
PO Box 1049, Nelson 7040
211 Bridge Street, Nelson 7010
Ph: 03 545 8080
Fax: 03 545 8082
Clendons – Auckland CBD
Commercial Solicitor Wanted
(Posted 17 December 2018)
Clendons is a specialised commercial law firm, practising from modern premises in the Britomart precinct, Auckland CBD. We maintain a leadership position in our areas of expertise and provide high quality, strategic legal advice to a broad range of commercial entities.
Our comprehensive continuing education and professional development programmes are aimed at continually building and developing the skills of our professional staff and enjoy an excellent work/life balance on a collegial working environment.
This is a challenging role requiring a high level of computer literacy, communication skills and a dedication to providing excellent service to our clients.
Clendons is seeking for a commercial solicitor at a junior level to join our dynamic firm to commence as soon as possible. If you are passionate about a career in the law, are looking for a challenge and have:
- an LLB with commercial papers
- a BCom with accounting papers, or other financial/accounting experience or qualifications
- completed your professionals course
- interests in areas of company, technology, intellectual property and commercial law
then apply now by emailing your resume, academic transcript and covering letter to:
For more information on our firm and careers with Clendons, visit our website at www.clendons.co.nz.
LawFlow – Auckland
Legal Tech – Fixed Term Project
(Posted 9 October 2018)
LawFlow, the developer of New Zealand’s leading e-discovery system, is seeking a Law and Computer Science (or BCom Information Systems or similar) student or graduate for a fixed term employment project in November and December 2018, based at our offices in Britomart in central Auckland.
This is a unique opportunity to gain “hands-on” experience with the e-discovery system used by many New Zealand law firms, and play a role in its ongoing development. Whether you are interested in a career in IT, or in civil litigation, this is an opportunity to get started on either path.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent written communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to produce high-quality written material;
- Advanced computer skills – this is not a programming role, but some programming knowledge and/or systems administration experience (Windows Server) would be advantageous;
- A Law degree (or at least completed stage 3), and a BSc (Comp Sci) or BCom (Info Sys);
- High competency in Word and Excel; and
- An interest in legal tech.
The preferred start date is 5 November 2018, but flexibility is available for the right candidate.
If you are interested, please email your CV and cover letter (or enquiries about the role) in confidence to email@example.com
Aoraki Legal 2018 Limited – Timaru
(posted 27 September 2018)
About the business
A medium sized law firm in Timaru, created from the merger of two long standing law firms, Aoraki Legal specialises in property law, employment law, commercial, company and insurance law, estates and asset planning, health/medical law, relationship property, trusts, wills and enduring powers of attorney, civil and dispute resolution.
About the role
We seek a motivated solicitor to join our team. New Graduates will be considered.
The candidate must have strong communication and legal skills and be able to relate to clients, have proven initiative, positive attitude and happy disposition. Do not be deterred if you have less experience, or you have skills in other areas of law, as we are open to discussion on future opportunities.
Benefits and perks
We provide the following benefits:
- Work / life balance
- Opportunity for career progression as we are planning for the future
- Committed mentoring and professional development
Timaru has close access to the outdoors, affordable housing, a variety of excellent schooling, and a range of community activities.
Please email your CV, cover letter, and copy of your academic transcript in the strictest confidence to Pauline-Jean Luyten at firstname.lastname@example.org
At Public Trust, we encourage New Zealanders to preserve the present and secure their future. Our employees play a vital role in raising awareness and educating Kiwis around protecting what’s most important to them. This is a unique environment to work in, so if you’re keen to make a real difference and would like to join Public Trust then check out our vacancies by visiting our careers page or email us at email@example.com.